The brigade was founded on April 1, 1993 under the name REBEL, Rescue and Guard Unit Lelystad. In the years before, the swimming rescue has been part of swimming club De Houtrib.
We have been assigned a rescue vessel from the KNBRD, the umbrella organization of all rescue brigades in the Netherlands. With this rescue vlet, the Roodnat, we are part of the National Rescue Vleet (NRV).
As an association we have the following activities:
- Swimming indoors (Sunday evening from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm in De Koploper)
- Swimming outside (during the summer months)
- Security during events (four-day evening, Sinterklaas, etc.).
- First aid training
- Boating courses (union courses and small boating license)
- (Disasters) Exercises (local, regional, national)
In addition to these activities, there is a lot for and by members among themselves
organized, such as scuba diving, mountain biking and
Furthermore, safety in the bath is of paramount importance to us. All
Instructors are therefore required to have first aid and a Declaration of Circumstances
In brief; many activities and a pleasant association.
If you want to be part of this, please contact us now by email (secretaris@reddingsbrigadeLelystad.nl)